September 1, 2015 § Leave a comment
VARIATIONS and NICKNAMES:
Cinda, Cinde, Cindi, Cindie, Cindy, Sinda, Sinde, Sindi, Sindie, Sindy, Liucija, Liusaidh, Lleucu, Llucia, Luca, Luce, Lucette, Luci, Lucia, Lucie, Lucija, Lucila, Lucilla, Lucile, Lucille, Lucilla, Lucinde, Lucja, Lucy, Lula, Lulu, Lusinda, Lusinde, Lusia, Lusi, Lusie, Lusy, Luus, Luzia, etc.
REFERENCES IN LITERATURE:
– Lucinda Creighton (b. 1834), one of “the twin girls, long since married and moved to Ohio” who are among Jethro’s far-distant older siblings, in Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt (1964; set during the American Civil War, 1861-1865).
– Lucinda Coxon (b. 1962), English playwright and screenwriter.
– Lucinda Lambton (b. 1943), English broadcaster, photographer, and writer.
– Lucinda Rosenfeld (b. 1969), American novelist.
– Lucinda Roy (b. 1955), English educator, novelist, and poet.