July 18, 2015 § 4 Comments
Feminine form of “Robert“.
VARIATIONS and NICKNAMES:
Berti, Bertie, Berty, Bobbi, Bobbie, Bobby, Robertia, Robertina, Robin, Robina, Robyn, Robynne, etc.
REFERENCES IN LITERATURE:
– Roberta Zolotow, Susan’s new best friend at Camp Ava, in Sleeping Arrangements, by Laura Cunningham (published 1989, set in the 1950s).
– Roberta Flack (b. 1937/39), American musician and singer-songwriter.
– Roberta Beach Jacobson (b. 1952), American editor, humorist, and journalist.
– Roberta Kalechofsky (b. 1931), American activist and writer.
– Roberta Lannes (b. 1948), American author, essayist, poet, and writer.
– Roberta Rogow (b. 1942), American author and librarian.
– Roberta Spear (1948-2003), American poet.
– Roberta Teale Swartz (1903-1993), American academic, poet, and professor.
– Roberta (Mary Morgan) Wohlstetter (1912-2007), American historian.