July 7, 2015 § Leave a comment
Shortened form of “Leonard”, from the Germanic for “brave lion”.
VARIATIONS and NICKNAMES:
Lenart, Lennart, Lennie, Lenny, Leo, Leon, Leonard, Leonardo, Leonhard, etc.
REFERENCES IN LITERATURE:
– Len Shaine, Gabe and Rosie’s brother, and Lily’s enigmatic uncle, in Sleeping Arrangements, by Laura Cunningham (published 1989, set in the 1950s).
– Len Deighton (b. 1929), English artist, historian, novelist, and writer.
– Len Fox (1905-2004), Australian activist, author, journalist, and painter.
– Len Peterson (1917-2008), Canadian novelist, playwright, and screenwriter.
– Len Roberts (1947-2007), American poet.